Monday, December 15, 2003

Back after a long absence…
Maybe one day I will write about it.

Newsstands
The other day I counted 46 different daily broadsheets at a newsstand in Tehran. I got tired of counting when I got to the tabloids, but it looked like there were about 15. This morning, most of the papers carried pictures of a grey-faced Saddam Hussein. By the afternoon, the stands seemed barer than normal and most of the papers left had athletes and celebrities on the covers.

Bus Haiku
These lines were found on the sides of buses. I plan to make this a regular feature. If you have seen buses with little poems on them, please let me know. Thanks!

In the name of God
No smoking

Panda
God
Beautifulle Bus

First snow
We had our first snow in Tehran. The mountains around Tehran are already white with snow.

No comments:

ShareThis