Sahand and Helen, two people who I adore tagged me with one of the Internet's version of a chain letter, or meme, or whatever you want to call it. I've broken just about every chain letter I've ever received, and I'm old enough to have received chain letters with stamps on them. But here goes:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag
6 random things
1. I walked through a glass door (Cooper Union, Spring 91 or 92) and survived with only a scratch. The secret is, and you will want to pass this on to everyone you know, NOT to back up. It's backing up that causes real damage.
2. When I cannot fall asleep at night (which is often), I review novels I have enjoyed in my head. I don't turn on the lights, I don't read, I don't get out of bed. My favorite sleepless night novel is Iron Dragon's Daughter by Michael Swanwick.
3. I've seen Babe at least 6 times: most of them with my amazing niece Frances who knew the dialog by heart.
4. The best place I ever lived was Miller Beach, Indiana.
5. I was bored by Archie comics when I was a kid.
6. My idea of heaven includes a big wooden table covered with printed newspapers and magazines, all of them in English.
Tagged (six is a lot)
Jonathan at Miniver Cheevy
Arash at Kamangir
Will Ward at Friday in Cairo
Esra'a at Mideastyouth.com
Pam at Nerd's Eye View
Sepideh at Pars Arts
Sean Paul Kelley at The Agonist
Let's see if anyone responds...